High value 250 g/m2 silky luster paper poster at the size of DIN A3 (420x297 mm, 16 1/2 x 11 3/4'', A2 and A1 optional) with aircraft scheme and textual descriptions. All text in german language! All sizes larger than DIN A3 will be printed freshly. Therefore allow 1-2 weeks delivery time.
History of the German Naval Wing 3 "Graf Zeppelin"
As the last flying unit of the post-war German Navy is 1964 the Naval Wing 3 set to service. January 1965 the wing is given its new station Nordholz near Bremen and its official wing crest. July 1 1965 the wing is declared "operational" and on April 1 1967 assigned to NATO. On July 9 1967 the wing gets its traditions related name "Graf Zeppelin" assigned (in former days, Nordholz was a big Zeppelin base).
Equipment and personnel of the new wing come from the "Marine-U-Jadstaffel", equipped with FAIREY A.S. 4 GANNET, via Eglinton (established in Northern Ireland), Schleswig and Westerland/Sylt to Nordholz.
In January 1966 the new maritime reconnaissance aircraft BREGUET 1150 ATLANTIQUE is introduced and the GANNET set out of service. Starting 2006 the era of the BREGUET ends and it is substituted by the P-3C ORION.
October 1 1981 a third flying squadron, the so called "on-board helicopter squadron", is set to service and equipped with SEA LYNX MK 88A which is primarily used for submarine hunting, but also for transport and SAR missions.
1969 the 1st inspection "Sea Survival" is stationed at Nordholz and 1993 put under control of Naval Wing 3.
1999 a training squadron is established under the wing which is responsible for the complete flying training of the Navy crews.